Get in Touch

embracing change

I am afraid of changes. Probable almost everyone is, i guess? We feel quite comfortable with our lives and the idea of something suddenly causing a stir in it is scary. Why change when everything is fine as it is? Why bother when I'm already happy where I am now? Well, the answer is because that change might bring on something better and you might just find out that you can be even happier than you already are :)


Like I said, I am afraid of changes. There is no denying it. I am. In a month, I'll be moving to a country where I have never been before in my life and there isn't a single person that I know. With that thought constantly on my mind, I'm beginning to freak out, big time. The thought of having to leave my country for god knows how long terrifies me so much that it got to the point where I actually thought about turning the job down and start looking for another one here instead. But then I realized that I've been through these kind of emotions so many times before. What's ironic is although I love sticking to the same life pattern that I have, I am constantly looking for an opportunity to make changes to my life. For example, I went to the U.S. on an exchange program for 10 months when I was 15 and to Taiwan on another exchange program for a semester last year. For both time, towards closer to the departure date, I was so scared and didn't want to go anymore. Before going to Taiwan I remember thinking 'was this the right decision?' 'how the hell will I survive there with my poor Chinese?' 'what if I hate it there?', all sorts of questions in my head making me so nervous. But what was done was done and it's always better to try than to give up so I went through with it. They ended up being the best experiences in my life. I would not give it up for anything and would do it again without hesitation.

My point for bringing all those things up is I want to show you how changes can bring so much to your life. You will get to meet new people, explore new places, learn new things, and do so much stuff. Of course, not all of it will be pleasant. There will surely be bumps along the road but it's all part of the whole journey. So when an opportunity finds you, grab it. Just say yes. There is nothing worse than regretting about something you didn't do. Just say yes, get out of your comfort zone, experience things. If what you find is good then great! but if it's not, then at least you get to know that it's not your thing and learn something from it.

You can never gain too much in life, only not enough :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram