Reading
1 Comment
Yesterday my friends and I went to Houtong Cat Village for one of our friend's birthday. As the name might suggest; it is a village full of cats. And just to make things clear...
I do not like cats
lol I really don't. Especially the mean ones. But if one came to me to play, I would play with it. So I thought since the cats there seem to be pretty friendly and not afraid of people (according to some websites), I would give it a try.
We took a train from Taipei Main Station to Houtong which took about an hour. The bad thing was we had no seat and we had to stand for the entire hour lol It was Sunday so naturally it was crowded :/ and everyone's destination was also Houtong hahaha.
Everything in Houtong station screams cat lol all the decorations are cat-related. We followed the crowd until we got to the village which is not hard at all to find. Between the way from the station to the village there's a souvenir shop that has this DIY token machine that I'm obsessed with. I may or may not have done one for myself :P
This kitty was there to welcome everyone to the village. He sure got a lot of attention because he was the first cat that everyone got to see and all the cat lovers got pretty excited. Lots of pictures were taken.
| Cute cat lantern :) |
This little one was the star of the village! Look at that face. Even a cat hater like me adored him lol Everyone had no choice but to pet this cutie. It's just impossible to resist that happy face.
Now this one was a bit different lol. He was just one of all the sleepyhead cats there. As I saw it, they were all so fat and lazy! They did nothing more than eating and sleeping. What a bunch of lazy furballs.
| awkward cat-wannabes selfie |
| this picture is adorable - kids and pets are the best :) |
There was this one dog in the village that seemed so excluded from everyone (awe). She was the sweetest thing! She walked right into me and wanted me to pet her. It's hard being a dog in a village full of cats. Must have lost all her dignity by now lol She was my favourite thing in that village haha.
Okay, now back to the cats
We didn't see as many cats as we thought we would but there were still lots of them. I think it is a must-visit place for all the cat lovers out there. If you love cats, I'm sure that place is a heaven for you.
What I really love about the place is that all the cats are taken care of by the villagers that still live there. I admire them for this because they're not only doing it for touristic purposes but they're doing it because they genuinely love them. As a result, every single cat there looks so healthy and happy! Thanks to all the kind people. Without the idea of this cat village thing, all the cats would be homeless. Love for pets is always a good thing :)
And lastly, Happy Birthday again Benyapaaaaaa!! :) <3


1 Comments
Awwwwww you should have tagged meeeehhhhhhh
ReplyDeleteThank youuuuuuwww mwak naaa shooo sweettyyyyyyyyy jorodorooooiiiyyyyy <3