Get in Touch

the best summer

This time of last year I was in London, attending a summer school program at Imperial College London. It was my first time there. That summer turned out to be the best summer of my life.


Since it has been exactly a year, I figured I'd write a post about it (just to reminisce haha). I miss everything about it: the people, the city, or even the dormitory that all of us hated at first.

There were 4 of us Thais going together: Toddy, May, Meena and Me. We seemed to be the only people who went together as a group because none of the other people actually knew each other before, even though some of them came from the same university.

the tiniest of dorm rooms 
Textbooks for the course

On the very first day of our arrival in London, some of the student volunteers were there to help us with the move-in procedure and any problems we had. Then they took us out for some ice cream! We made quite a few friends on that day.

The sad truth is even though I spent an entire month there, I barely took my camera out to snap pictures :( which is one of the things I regret. My daily life there became quite repetitive like walking to school every morning, finding a place for lunch, attending lecture in the afternoon, walking back to the hall, finding a place for dinner, etc. So there was nothing exciting for me to actually having to carry my bulky camera around all day. But during the first week we managed to explore some parts of London. Our Singaporean friends and us Thais went to Westminster area to see the famous Big Ben and London Eye. The view was gorgeous and definitely worth going for.


On the famous Millennium Bridge!
One of the highlights of that summer was the Boat Party that was organised for us by the program. We sailed along the River Thames passing many tourist attractions. It was just amazing. The boat was not much but what made it fun was all the people and the dance floor! the DJ did a pretty good job on the song choices ;) A lot of people were chilling outside the boat, breathing in fresh air and having fun conversations. I had a chance to talk to so many people I never talked to before. This is why I love events like this. 


Visiting Old Trafford is definitely one of the most exciting things for me x) Being a Manchester United fan, Old Trafford Stadium tour must be on your bucket list for sure. I got to scratch that off of my list, how lucky! I went there with 2 other friends who support Man Utd with all their heart lol I'm pretty sure they were even more excited than I was! Before the tour started we went to Red Cafe for lunch. All the chairs have each player's name and number on them! and the food was quite good too. The actual tour went by quite fast which was a bit disappointing because we didn't even get enough time to take pictures until we were satisfied haha. But overall it was such a cool experience, really lifted up my team spirit! lol


Skipping to the last day of the program. We had our final presentation on our group projects then after everything was done, it was time for us to take group pictures. Me and all my closest friends there gathered and took a bunch of pictures in front of the Business School sign.

Asian eyes! lol 
Thai people
Snapped some photos along the way back to the hall


Fisher Hall (our dormitory) is the place I miss the most, especially the staircase at the front door where I always hung out. It was such a special place for me. 
Another place I still think of constantly is Hyde Park. I am a park lover at heart. I love going to the park and spending time there. Hyde park is super nice and relaxing. I wish I had a Hyde Park next to my home in Thailand haha.

my favourite place: the staircase

I miss all the people I met there too :( It's unbelievable how we got so close within only one month; some of them I feel like I've known longer. 


These people in particular are the ones that I hung out the most with: The Thais, Jonah, Jeffrey, and Ben. They are so outgoing. We always went to places together and laughed about almost everything. It was always a good time with these people

Selfie in class

These boys are the best! I can totally be myself around them without having to worry if I'm being too silly or something like that lol I miss spending time with them :)


London will always have a special place in my heart. I don't know why it all means so much to me. I'd become so attached to that place so much that I still think of it every single day, even if it's been a year already. One day I'll have to make it back there for sure.. London bound :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram